Yes. Ten Years. Today. The Lucky 13th of August.
Why I Love That Man:
- Unusually good natured.
- Can explain to me why a film does or does not work…I like the way he thinks about directing and editing and acting.
- He is the first honest-to-goodness grown man I have ever met – besides oompapa – and that’s how rare they are.
- Mystically inclined in a pragmatic way.
- He talks to the cats like they’re people.
- He snorfs his upper lip periodically. Especially when he’s deep in thought. It’s really funny. There is no mustache there. Hasn’t been there in thirty years.
- Invariably his trousers look like they’re going to pool at his ankles any minute. He will yard up on ’em in an abstracted way.
- He doesn’t care about clothing.
- The dryest sense of humour, hands down.
- Smokes his cigars outside. Always has. Always will. It has nothing (nothing) to do with me.
- Reads omnivorously. Mostly nonfiction. Tells me all the good bits.
- Will dance for hummous.
- Says "Hi" to God for me when he goes to the synagogue.
- Generous to a fault. Self-deprecatory. Sweetheart all the way ’round.
I don’t know how he puts up with me. But that’s for another blog.